Under most circumstances you do not have to be a resident of Findlay, however you are required to reside in Hancock County, or in any county adjacent to Hancock County Ohio.
The exceptions to this elected officials, who are required to live in the City of Findlay. In addition, those employees appointed under the provisions of the Ohio Revised Code require residency in the City. These positions include:
- Directors and heads of departments;
- Administrative Assistants to elected officers;
- the City Clerk;
- Legal Assistants to the Law Director;
- Bailiffs, constables, clerks of court and deputy clerks of court, official stenographers and other employees of courts;
- Physicians, nurses, engineers, veterinarians, and surveyors, or other comparable professions which require licensing under the laws of the State of Ohio.