If your call is an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
All other incidents that are of a non-emergency nature, may call the Dispatch at 419-424-7150 or 419-424-7163.
A Communication Officers will ask you for information in relation to the incident so be ready to answer questions and stay on the line with them until the call is terminated. Questions could include but are not limited to:
- Name and Address (your location)
- Phone number (the one you are calling from)
- What is the problem (be descriptive and who is involved)
- Description of a vehicle if one is involved (make, model, color, etc)
- Description of suspect (height, weight, color, hair color, clothing description, etc)
- Direction of travel (if possible)
- Is the suspect armed with a weapon (gun, knife, blunt object, etc)
Remain as calm as possible and stay on the line with the dispatcher. They will provide you with important instructions and by staying on the line with them, they are able to provide valuable information to responding officers.