The Engineering Department permits, inspects, and oversees:
- Licensing for sewer tappers & sidewalk contractors
- Sidewalk construction
- Street openings
- Water & sewer taps
The Engineering Department also provides civil engineering services to support existing and future infrastructure under the City’s jurisdiction.
Engineering Services include:
- Project management
- Construction inspection for capital improvements projects throughout the City
Engineering Projects include:
- Annual resurfacing programs
- Intersection upgrades & signalization
- Sewer lining & cleaning
- Street reconstruction
- Water and sewer installation/replacement
Engineering also administers design contracts for various other projects as needed.
Call before you dig: It’s the law!
By law, everyone MUST contact the Ohio Utilities Protection Service, 8-1-1 or 1-800-362-2764, at least 48 hours but no more than 10 working days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) before beginning ANY digging project.