Rate  Credit  Age  Effective
 Findlay  1.0  0  16  1/1/1967
 Arlington  1.0 1.0  16  7/1/1989
 Carey  1.5 1.0  16  9/1/1987
 Mount Blanchard  1.0  0  18  1/1/2019
 Mount Cory  1.0  0  18  1/1/2016
 Vanlue  1.0  0  18  1/1/2016

Click here to establish an employer withholding account.

Employer withholding forms for all six communities can be accessed by clicking on the blue "Employer Forms" button at the left.

                                   Payable To

Make all checks and money orders for Findlay, Arlington, Mount Cory, Vanlue, Carey, and Mount Blanchard income taxes payable to the "City of Findlay" and use the mailing address below.

                                      Mail To

Mail all payments, tax returns, employer withholding remittances, and correspondence for Findlay, Arlington, Mount Cory, Vanlue, Carey, and Mount Blanchard income taxes to:

PO BOX 862
FINDLAY OH 45839-0862

                     Credit and Debit Card Payments

Payments can be made using ®Visa, ®MasterCard, ®American Express, or ®Discover cards at officialpayments.com.

You may also call 1-800-2PAYTAXSM (1-800-272-9829).
Use jurisdiction code 4553 and choose “1” for Income Tax.

                        Approaching Due Dates

Individual and business third period estimate payments:  ORC 718.08
Monday, September 16, 2019

Third quarter employer withholding remittances:  ORC 718.03
Thursday, October 31, 2019

                          Filing Requirements

Findlay, Arlington, Mount Cory, Vanlue, and Mount Blanchard resident individuals are subject to the income tax return mandatory filing requirement at age 18, even if they have no taxable income.

Findlay and Arlington resident individuals who are 16 or 17 years of age, who have income that is subject to the income tax, must file even if no additional tax is due.

Non-resident individuals whose taxable income was not fully withheld upon must file.

Non-resident individuals are not required to file if all their tax was properly withheld by their employers.

Carey resident individuals are required to file if they are eligible to claim the one-percent credit for paying tax to other communities.

Carey resident and non-resident individuals are required to file to report any taxable income from which Carey village income tax was not fully withheld upon.

Non-resident individuals, sole proprietors, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, associations, corporations, trusts, and S corporations that own rental properties, conduct business, perform services, solicit sales, operate, or maintain an office in Findlay, Arlington, Mount Cory, Vanlue, Carey, or Mount Blanchard must file, even if no tax is due.

See ORC 718.01 and ORC 718.02 for reconciling and apportioning taxable business income.

See ORC 718.06 for information regarding consolidated returns.

See this link for the Ohio House Bill 5 and Ohio House Bill 49
carry-forward loss instructions.

Where do I pay city and village income taxes?

In Ohio, an individual’s first obligation is to the city or village where he or she works, earns taxable income, conducts business, or owns rental properties.  The individual’s next obligation is to the city or village where he or she is domiciled.  The community of residence, by local ordinance, may then allow a credit for some or all of the tax that is paid to the communities where the income is earned.  Findlay, Mount Cory, Vanlue, and Mount Blanchard do not offer a credit.  Arlington and Carey offer a credit of the amount of tax paid to the community where the income is earned, not to exceed one percent.

Federal Forms and Schedules to include with your municipal income tax return:

  • Form 1040 page 1, page 2, and Schedule 1, or their equivalents
  • Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
  • Schedule C pages 1-2
  • Schedule E pages 1-2
  • Schedule K-1 from 1120-S
  • Schedule K-1 from 1065
  • Form 4797
  • Schedule F
  • Form 4835
  • Schedule A, if claiming allowable 2106 expenses through 2017
  • Form 2106, if claiming allowable 2106 expenses through 2017
  • Form 4868 extension request or equivalent, when the extended return is filed
  • Form 8582, if Schedule E rental losses are limited or suspended for Federal tax purposes
  • Schedule D, if rental properties were sold

Common sources of income that are taxable:

Unless otherwise prohibited by Chapter 718 of the Ohio Revised Code, taxable income includes, but is not limited to:

  • W-2 box 5 Medicare wages described in IRC 3121(a) without regard to limitations or exclusions (ORC 718.03)
  • Salaries, commissions, and bonuses
  • Tip income [ORC 718.03(J)]
  • Sick pay
  • Vacation pay
  • Severance pay, incentive pay
  • Strike pay
  • Contributions to deferred compensation plans such as IRC 401(k), 403(b), or 457
  • Lottery winnings and gambling winnings
  • Stock options even if not reported in the W-2 box 5 Medicare wages
  • Salaries, wages, or stipends earned or received through college or university work-study programs, internships, and grant-funded programs even if not reported in the W-2 box 5 Medicare wages
  • Supplemental unemployment compensation benefits described in IRC 3402(o)(2)(A)
  • Employment-related prizes, awards, and gifts
  • Cost of group term life insurance for active employees for protection in excess of the amount specified in IRC 79
  • Partnership guaranteed payments not already taxed at the partnership level
  • Resident partner's or member's untaxed distributive share from a partnership, LLC, LLP, or LP
  • Findlay resident shareholder's untaxed distributive share from an S corporation to the extent apportioned within Ohio 
  • Net housing allowance
  • Fees received by jurors, union stewards, directors, executors, executrixes
  • Income reported on Federal Form 1099-MISC
  • Babysitting income
  • Business income
  • Farm income
  • Rental income
  • Oil and gas royalties (i.e., derived from land)
  • Individuals' gains on sales of real estate and tangible personal property used in business to the extent of depreciation

Common sources of income that are not taxable:

Unless otherwise delineated in Chapter 718 of the Ohio Revised Code non-taxable income includes, but is not limited to:

  • Interest
  • Dividends
  • Government-paid unemployment compensation
  • Workers’ compensation
  • Social Security benefits
  • Government aid
  • Pensions and qualified retirement benefits
  • Income reported on a 1099-R, 1099-DIV, or 1099-INT
  • IRC 125 cafeteria plan contributions
  • Sick pay described in IRC 3402(o)(2)(C), not reported in the W-2 box 5 Medicare wages
  • Active and reserve military pay [ORC 718.01(C)(1)]
  • Alimony
  • Royalties derived from intangible property
  • Patent and copyright income
  • Value of a home or a parsonage furnished by a church to its designated minister
  • First $1,000 of annual income for serving as a precinct election official
  • Life insurance proceeds
  • Proceeds from inheritance
  • Gains from sales of stocks and securities