How Do I Report a Crime?
If your call is an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
A Communication Officers will ask you for information in relation to the incident so be ready to answer questions and stay on the line with them until the call is terminated. Questions could include but are not limited to:
- Name and Address (your location)
- Phone number (the one you are calling from)
- What is the problem (be descriptive and who is involved)
- Description of a vehicle if one is involved (make, model, color, etc)
- Description of suspect (height, weight, color, hair color, clothing description, etc)
- Direction of travel (if possible)
- Is the suspect armed with a weapon (gun, knife, blunt object, etc)
Remain as calm as possible and stay on the line with the dispatcher. They will provide you with important instructions and by staying on the line with them, they are able to provide valuable information to responding officers.
How Do I Report A Tip to the METRICH Vice Narcotics Unit?
To report an anonymous tip to the METRICH Vice Narcotics Unit regarding suspected drug activity you can call 419-425-TIPS.
May I Remain Anonymous When Calling the Police for Assistance?
You may remain anonymous when calling Police for assistance. By providing your name and information Officers may contact you at a later time and ask questions that may be important to the incident being reported.
When calling a Police Dispatcher, you will be asked if you want to be contacted by an officer. If you would like to speak to an officer please tell the Dispatcher.