IN RESPONSE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 PANDEMIC THE FOLLOWING CHANGES HAVE BEEN ADOPTED. PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE OFTEN AS THE COURT'S RESPONSE MAY CHANGE AS THE COVID-19 SITUATION CONTINUES TO EVOLVE.
In order to safeguard our staff and public the Court is taking the following precautions:
- Sanitizing public areas multiple times throughout the day.
- Court sessions are being reviewed to promote social distancing and to move parties through the process as efficiently as possible.
If you are ill and cannot report for a court hearing you should contact your attorney immediately. If you do not have an attorney you will need to file a motion. Motion forms are available on our website.
As of March 23, 2020:
The Judges of the Findlay Municipal Court have issued a Temporary Order In Response to the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency. The highlights are as follows:
- All Civil Hearings (excluding Pre-Trial hearings), Evictions and Small Claims hearings are continued for 4 weeks, with new filings scheduled for hearings after May 5, 2020, unless specified by the Court.
- All Court Trials, Evidentiary Hearings or Other Miscellaneous Traffic/Criminal Hearings are continued until after May 11, 2020.
- All Jury Trials through April 24, 2020 are continued after May 11, 2020.
- All DUS Contempt Hearings and Community Service Review Hearings are continued until after May 11, 2020.
- All Traffic and Criminal Arraignments WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED unless otherwise determined by the Court.
- All Plea Hearings WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED unless otherwise determined by the Court.
- DUS Diversion Review Hearings WILL BE HELD AS SCHEDULED unless otherwise determined by the Court.
- All hearings for incarcerated individuals will be held via video with the Hancock County Jail.
- All Traffic, Criminal and Civil pre-trials will be conducted by telephone.
- Defendants with legal counsel should contact their attorney directly to see if their appearance is required. Defendants representing themselves should contact the Court in regards to their hearing at 419-424-7141.
- Persons on Probation should comply with their current reporting requirements.
- All notices of new court dates will be sent to the address the Court has on file. The Court asks individuals to update their address with the Court if it has recently changed.
- The Court hours will remain the same with the exception of Tuesdays; the Court will close at 5:30 PM
- The Court will be closed to all individuals who do not have essential business with the Court as outlined above pending further order of the Court.
As of March 16, 2020:
STATUS CONFERENCE HEARINGS FOR UNPAID TRAFFIC/CRIMINAL FINES ARE BEING RESCHEDULED; PLEASE CONSULT THE LIST BELOW TO SEE WHEN YOUR HEARING HAS BEEN MOVED TO. THE TIME OF THE HEARING REMAINS THE SAME AS YOUR ORIGINAL DATE. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION WITH THE CLERKS OFFICE SO YOU CAN RECEIVE ANY FUTURE UPDATES.
March 23, 2020 has been moved to July 27, 2020
March 30, 2020 has been moved to August 3, 2020
April 6, 2020 has been moved to August 10, 2020
April 13, 2020 has been moved to August 17, 2020
April 20, 2020 has been moved to August 24, 2020
April 27, 2020 has been moved to August 31, 2020.